Saturday, April 27, 2013

It's raining, it's pouring...

The lightning is flashing, the thunder is rumbling, and the sky is somewhere between day and some other place.  It's all music to my ears.  I love the days when it rains - especially when I don't have to be out in it, but am able to just look out the window and see it fall, see the wind stirring the trees, hear the music it makes, and know that the earth is welcoming every drop.

There is a huge magnolia tree on the other side of the fence in someone's yard where it backs up to our parking area, and the top of it is covered with the big saucer-sized creamy white blooms that come round in the summer. the thing is that many of the blooms sit at the very top of the tree, which means that the owner does not get to enjoy them.  But I do.  From 3 stories in the air, I can see so much, and that is a very good thing for me.  A change in perspective - a change in outlook - a change in detail that is available to one's eye - all of that can make such a difference in getting through every day.

Bring on the rain.  Wash the world clean.  Rinse the air, and give us a fresh vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment