Sunday, October 27, 2013

And the music runs through it...

Yesterday was an adventure day.  A day spent exploring the Texian Market Days at a local living history museum.  What a wonderful event, on a gorgeous fall day in Texas.  Yes, we do have a fall of sorts, and it is a dearly appreciated time when the air is cooler and drier, and the air is clear and the sky crystal blue.

Today, I organized pictures, and put a few on Facebook to announce my whereabouts to the masses.  And today, because of the what seemed like miles walked yesterday, I have spent a good part of my time reflecting on that, and rediscovering some of the music stored right next to my pictures in the wonderful Windows invention known as the Library.

I had forgotten some of the tunes hidden therein.  Many have brought tears because they carry memories with them - memories of having sung or played them myself, or having wished I had written them, or that they were favorites of beloved people who have earned their heavenly reward.  The entire fabric of my life is wrapped in music, and it often brings me to tears.  I celebrate, grieve, rejoice, mourn, and generally live my life wrapped in this fabric.  Right now, many of those threads are tied to my sweet mother, and the loss of her leads me to tears of gratefulness for life, and tears of missing.  So, it is hard to sing.  Have you ever tried to sing and cry at the same time? This has happened to me before, and I know will eventually be able to sing again.

A couple of times since August, a fellow choir member or two has asked where I've been.  I will likely be gone for awhile.  The musical river is running with strongest of current right now, and it just keeps overflowing.  The flood will ebb.  I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment