Sunday, April 6, 2014

What I learned this week...

Years ago, a wise man taught me a little trick. It had to do with writing a letter that you would never mail.  I've written a few over the years since.  It has a weird way of clearing the mind and laying toxic situations to rest when there is really no other way to address them.

Yesterday, I wrote a letter that filled a notebook page.   It was about situations that had presented themselves over the past week, and what I had learned from them.  It was not pretty.  It was full of some very negative things.  In the end, it was about how choosing to live by the Golden Rule is full of risk in this day and age.

It is such a simple rule.  I don't think I can or want to give up on it.  If I have to write a letter every week that I will never mail, then so be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment