Saturday, May 25, 2013

Re-boot...

Not meaning to have misled anyone searching Google for information about re-booting a computer. That's such a strange term anyway.  It brings to mind physically kicking a machine to start it on to make that stuck package of candy fall into the tray where you get magic access to it.

In this case, I'm referring to a certain phenomenon that I have discovered over the past 2 days.  I'm sure this idea was lurking in the back of my mind the whole time, but if not, then I have learned something extremely valuable to me in keeping up the good habits I've been trying to make.  Yesterday, I really, really, really, really, really did not want to work out after work, but I had an appointment with a trainer and it was too late to cancel.  It had been a very long week, work-wise and family-wise, and I just want to go home and sit in the quiet of my house.  However, I did go, and when I came out, I realized that 40 minute session had basically re-booted my thought patterns.  Gone was the negativity and difficulty of the week.  I mean, consciously, of course, I still remembered all of the details, but the magic was that I had let go of it.  Enough to be consciously aware of what had happened.

Today, the same thing happened.  My brain was scrambling going into the gym, and when I left, it had let go of all of the circling vultures that had cluttered it before.  I like this.  I love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment