Sunday, September 22, 2013

Out and about...

We have had our first break in 90-degree weather, thanks to a front bringing downpours, and then dry cooler air into our fair city.  This always tends to bring out the wanderlust in my spirit - or at least, the get-outside-and-move-your-body-around side of me.  I did not manage to inherit my mother's green thumb, but I surely did inherit a love for being close to nature, and among living things.

So, today was my mini-adventure into the gardens that I have loved for 6+ years, and while the picture to the left takes in the lush remnants of a summer with substantial rain, most of my focus on this stroll was on the details - a rain lily here, a stand of mushrooms there, the patterns of the bark on various trees, the ripening of the magnolia pods.  My knees take less of a liking than they did 6 years ago to the many steps on the paths, and I may have to sit down more often, but seeing the world through a different lens is a good thing.

Five months ago, I had no idea that my life would become as complicated as it did. As of tomorrow, most all of the threats and stresses on my soul and body will have found some degree of resolution. None of it will be forgotten, however.  I will just have the benefit of being able to look at it all through a different lens.  I am grateful for that.  It is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment